Decathlon Rockrider E-ST100 Electric Mountain Bike
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at decathlon.co.uk, decathlon.nl nl.
- At decathlon.co.uk you can purchase ROCKRIDER E-ST 100 Electric Mountain Bike, Blue - 27.5" for only £999.99
- The lowest price of ROCKRIDER E-ST 100 Electric Mountain Bike, Blue - 27.5" was obtained on May 8, 2021 10:34 am.
The Rockrider E-ST100 – The Best Electric Mountain Bike for under £800?
The new Decathlon Rockrider E-ST100 is simply the best electric mountain bike available for under £800.
Nothing else comes close to the specification of the Rockrider at this price – You have an excellent 250w geared rear hub motor that produces 42Nm of torque, a 36v 10.5ah (378Wh) lithium battery pack, using high-quality Samsung SDI cells.
On top of all that, there is Microshift 8-speed gearing, Tektro TDK68 mechanical disc brakes and extra tough, tubeless-ready MTB rims with 27.5″ x 2.2″ all-terrain tyres for superb grip on any surface.
The team at Decathlon have really made this a capable budget off-road machine – they always say the devil is in the detail, and using a single 33t front chainring in combination with an 11-34 cassette means that the gearing is perfectly suitable for off-road riding.
If you’re looking for a budget electric mountain bike, the Rockrider E-ST100 is unbeatable at this price!Check out the full Rockrider E-ST100 Review on ebikechoices.com
The frame of the Rockrider E-ST 100 electric mountain bike has been designed using 6061 aluminium with hydroformed tubes.
The rear wheel motor is specially designed for mountain biking:
– a torque of 42Nm to overcome any slope
– a wheel axle of 150x12mm to stand up to rough terrain
– watertight bearings to withstand environmental conditions which can sometimes be tough.
What if you get a puncture? An 8mm Allen key is all you need to unscrew the wheel nuts.
The 36v 10.5ah (378Wh) battery is equipped with Samsung SDI cells, renowned for their high level of reliability and safety. The Rockrider mountain bike team has designed a battery that locks in place with a simple lever.
This locking system prevents any vibrations to the battery when you go riding on rough terrain.
A key lock is also installed if you want to protect your battery from theft, such as when parking your bike on the street.
A discreet LCD control screen.Located just to the side of your left grip, choose between the 4 assistance modes without letting go of the handlebars: Deactivated, Economy, Standard, and Boost.
You’ll also find a host of useful information:
– Distance covered
– % battery level
– Remaining battery in km
– Active assistance mode
CADENCE SENSING PEDAL ASSIST
Simply start pedalling and the motor will start – the great thing about cadence assist, is you don’t need to exert any discernible force. Just turn the pedals and away you go!
4 ASSISTANCE MODES FOR ANY SITUATION
Mode 0 – Deactivated
The battery is not used.
Mode 1 – Economy:
Extend your outings by preserving the battery. Ideal for keeping up with other mountain bikers without assistance who are in better shape.
Mode 2 – Standard:
This is the most versatile mode. Climb any slope without getting too tired and without using too much power.
Mode 3 – Boost:
Overcome the insurmountable! Note:Using this mode for an extended time will reduce the length of your ride.
FRONT HYDRAULIC SUSPENSION
Calmly overcome new obstacles (roots, rocks, gravel, etc.) thanks to the 100mm of travel in the Suntour XCR 30 fork.
Our Rockrider mountain bike team worked with Suntour to design a superior lubrication and wiper seal for this electrically-assisted mountain bike. This ensures the fork stays sensitive over time.
The E-ST100 electric bike is equipped with a single chainring and ChainFlow 3D anti-slip technology to prevent the chain from derailing.
A single shifter on the right handlebar makes it easy to shift between the 8 speeds.
– ChainFlow anti-derailment 33-tooth chainring
– MICROSHIFT M25 8-speed rear derailleur
– MICROSHIFT TS39 right shifter with indicator
– MICROSHIFT H081 8-cog cassette (11-34 teeth)
– KMC Z7 chain
WIDE 27.5″ DOUBLE-WALLED RIMS
These wheels were specially designed for this mountain bike:
– 23 mm rims (width between brackets), 28 spokes at the front and 36 oversize spokes at the rear, for greater durability and good grip on wide tyres (up to 2.5″).
– Cone hub with bearings (easy to maintain) at the front
– Sealed motor bearings at the rear
– TUBELESS READY rims: you will need tubeless tyres, Presta valves, and puncture sealant.
All-Terrain 27.5″ x 2.2″ TYRES
So you feel safe on any terrain, and for traction suited to your motor, the E-ST100 MTB is equipped with exclusive Rockrider All Terrain Light (30 TPI) tyres with a wide 2.2-inch cross-section. Our test riders particularly liked these tyres for their good grip Mounted on wide rims, these tyres, and the rubber they are made from, provide great grip, traction, and comfort on any terrain.
180MM DOUBLE DISC BRAKES
No matter the riding conditions (dry, muddy, wet), the Tektro TKD68 180 mm mechanical disc brakes at the front and rear provide powerful, progressive braking.
Incompressible cable housing ensures a firm touch and perfect transmission of power from lever to disc.
HANDLEBAR, STEM, GRIPS
The adjustable stem brings the E-ST 100 controls to your hands. The all-aluminium ROCKRIDER stem is 70 mm (size S), 80 mm (size M/L), or 90 mm (size XL) and can be raised to 5 adjustment intervals: + 0mm, + 7.5mm, + 15mm, + 22.5mm, + 30mm.
– 720mm oversize ROCKRIDER SPORT aluminium handlebar
– ROCKRIDER SPORT “soft touch” ergonomic grips for good grip and a comfortable feel
Since your mountain bike rides will get longer and longer, it is important to have a suitable seat. So our teams have designed the exclusive B’Twin Ergofit Evo saddle. Suitable for all hip sizes, its “hammock” shape is particularly good for sport touring.
The 31.6mm aluminium seat post ensures compatibility with most adjustable and suspended saddles on the market.
The E-ST100 electric bike is supplied with B’Twin Flat platform pedals. The pedal surface is wider and the dots more pronounced to better keep the foot on the pedal.
Your E-ST100 mountain bike is supplied with a bell, lights, wheel reflectors and pedals.
The frame is compatible with:
– front and rear mudguards
– bottle cage (on the horizontal tube)
– saddle pouch
– rear pannier rack (fixed onto the seat stays or special mounts for wide bikes, 150 mm gap for the rear wheel)
– child seat
- Unbelievable value for money
- Great hub motor
- High quality battery with Samsung cells
- Nice frame geometry
- Quality Microshift components
- Tubeless ready MTB rims
- No cons at this price!
Specification: Decathlon Rockrider E-ST100 Electric Mountain Bike